It Ain’t Over Baby Til It’s Over

Heard only on Nashville radio this morning:

Radio personality #1: “Did you touch an udder?”

Radio personality #2: “No I did not.”

Radio personality #1: “But you wanted to, right?”

Hey speaking of Nashville, HOW ‘BOUT THEM TITANS?!? Did anyone else see their comeback yesterday? It’s being hailed as their second Music City Miracle (which the hubby and I saw at the coliseum in 1999.) With less than 13 minutes left to play we were losing 21 to nothing, but the Titans rallied to beat the New York Giants 24 to 21 on the home field in the biggest fourth quarter comeback in the history of the Oilers/Titans. There was much jumping up and down and shaking of pom poms at our house (well the hubby did not shake pom poms, only the girls and I were playing cheerleader with our giveaway pom poms from a recent game.)

I also realized this morning that I only have 15 more days to work between now and the end of the year…yet another reason to get my happy on.

Edited to add: OK, OK my hubby made note that I have the wrong date for the Music City Miracle. It was the 1999 season BUT it took place during a January 2000 playoff game. Ahem. What were you expecting here, any way, ESPN?

1. Your best friend says:

OOOOH! I was THERE, BABY! What a quarter! Not a game, but a quarter! 🙂 We had a suite full at the beginning, by the 3rd quarter most had cleared out. We stayed until the glorious end! It is amazing how much noise a 3/4 full stadium can make too!

2. Mrs. Flinger says:

Laughing at Oh The Joys. HAHAAH! PICK HER PICK HER!

I have no need, seeing as how I am not from Nashville.

3. mayberry says:

And didn’t I pick the best week to hire Vince Young for my fantasy football team? Hmmmm? I just need him to keep going for another couple weeks, k?

4. Pattie says:

Congrats on your home team’s win! I heart the NFL. Even though I am a die hard Pats fan, I actually like the Titans. I remember the Music City Miracle. How exciting that you were there to witness a bit of history 🙂

5. Pattie says:

Oh, Jamie…I am back. I just read through your last few posts…OMG..I hope you are feeling better! There is nothing worse than vomiting….except for vomiting in a car. Oh that is just AWFUL. Anyway, feel better 🙂

6. mamatulip says:

Touching udders, eh? You southern folk really do know how to step things up a notch, don’t you? LOL!

I hope you have left the sickes FAR, FAR behind you, Jamie!!

7. Colleen says:

I HAVE touched an udder. Good times at the farm, good times.

I found your blog on Blogher – any interest in doing a blog entry exchange or link exchange?